Phone: 020 262 5789
Office Location: COLT, Main Campus
Lydia Serwaah Asare is an industrious and a disciplinarian professional with vast experience in Management, Quality Assurance and Customer Service. She holds both BSc. Management Studies and HND Secretaryship/Management Studies from Central University College and Accra Polytechnic respectively. Lydia has a little over 7 years working experience. Prior to GTUC, she worked with Vodafone Ghana and Airtel Ghana as Quality Assurance Specialist. As passionate as she is in Quality Management, She attaches best practices in whatever she does to satisfy clients and stand tall among others. She is currently the Administrative Officer, responsible for managing and running the Centre for Online Learning and Teaching (COLT) in GTUC.
Responsibilities of the Administrative Officer
Responsible for maintaining physical and electronic records, and handling all administrative duties at the Centre.
- Perform administrative duties for the centre including but not limited to creating reports, generating, maintaining, and distributing presentations, letters, memos, e-mails, mail mergers, distribution lists, invitations, programs, announcements, and other requested communications.
- Maintain various computer-based records and files, photocopying/distribution of various materials, filing etc.
- Receive guests and staff, answer phones, and serve as initial point of contact for the Centre.
- Redirect calls to the appropriate staff/administrators as pertinent.
- Ensure all phone calls are answered during normal business hours and all e-mails to COLT are responded to promptly.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate meetings, activities and special events hosted by COLT.
- Order office supplies and materials as necessary.
- Create, submit, maintain, and serve as the point person for departmental maintenance work orders, printer service, etc.
- Support all other staff members of the centre in the execution of some duties as and when the need arises.
- Prepare and submit reports as requested and required.