Phone: 050 140 8359
Office Location: COLT, Main Campus
Maxwell Kyei-Baffour is the instructional designer with the Center for Online Learning and Teaching (COLT). He has been in the eLearning field since 2011 working with over 50 teachers from various schools in Accra on how to create assessments for online use. Maxwell liaised with over 10 lecturers in the Department of Basic Education, University of Cape Coast on quality assurance. He is credited with the development of eLearning products for both JHS pupils and SHS students at Finlite Limited. Maxwell Kyei-Baffour holds a BSc degree in Psychology from the University of Cape Coast and received training in various eLearning components in Namibia, California University Irvin Coursera Extension and Walden University as an Instructional designer with knowledge in an array of eLearning authoring tools as well as Adobe Software suites.
Currently, Maxwell is pursuing his passion to make learning easy, effective and efficient in Ghana Technology University College and helping to provide equal and readily accessible education for all in a conducive environment through technology.
Responsibilities of the Instructional Technologist
Reporting to the Director of the Centre, the Instructional Designer is responsible for providing assistance to faculty in the development of instructional materials necessary to support online and blended learning.
- Consult and collaborate with faculty instructors to analyze courses and incorporate best practices for online learning during development or redesign for the online environment.
- Prior to the beginning of each semester, create course platforms for all courses in the GTUC Learning Management System (LMS), assign the responsible instructors and ensure that all students are duly registered in their respective courses
- Provide training on enterprise instructional technology systems, i.e. web and traditional video conferencing, learning management systems, lecture capture, classroom response systems, etc. to faculty and staff. This includes any necessary peripherals such as tablets, smart phones, web cams etc.
- Respond directly to online instructors' and students' concerns, and take appropriate actions based on these concerns.
- Provide information to the Director of the Centre that will help in the development of strategic initiatives that support growth, increase student satisfaction, and primarily support technology enhancements and innovations in the classroom and the online learning environment.
- Coordinate the development of instructional materials that are functional, informative, and consistent with sound instructional design principles
- Monitor course delivery processes on the school's LMS on a daily basis, ensuring course integrity as it relates to assessment, and promptly attending to technical hitches that can potentially stall teaching and learning on the platform
- Develop highly professional and effective training materials, including self-help documents, online tutorials, and other multimedia materials to assist both faculty and students with the use of course management tools and other technologies.
- Explore and evaluate new technologies, open educational resources, and materials and techniques for their applicability to educational uses.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Director of the Centre